RP Global is an IPP (Independent Power Producer) with nearly thirty years of experience in the renewable energy sector. As a developer, investor and operator, RP Global’s focus lies in hydro and wind energy projects. More than thirty-five power plants, both wind and hydro, have been developed and constructed so far. RP Global recently started diversifying into solar projects.
RP Global is engaged in several successful partnerships with institutions such as the Marguerite Fund and the Bank of Georgia, and has worked successfully with the EBRD, the IFC, PKO, UniCredit, BES and other multilateral/international banks. Croatia, France and Poland (wind), as well as Portugal, Chile, Peru and Georgia (hydro) are the countries RP Global currently operates in, while the company’s headquarters are based in Madrid, Spain, as well as Vienna, Austria.
- International team - experts in design, project management, finance and operation of hydro and wind power plants.
- Capability and extensive experience in preparing the projects for international non-recourse project financing according to best industry practice - RP Global’s latest wind project in Poland received the Euromoney Project Finance Award 2012 for the Best Sustainability Deal in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Recent closings of project financings with multilateral banks (IFC, EBRD) and commercial banks (Unicredit, PKO, etc).
- Project implementation on multi-contract basis: qualified RP Global project management teams in both technologies (wind and hydro).
- Operation & maintenance: lean structure, cost efficient, high technical availability.
- High technical, environmental, social, health and safety standards.
- RP Global’s main objective is the further expansion of its current portfolio of ’Generating Assets’. From a project pipeline of about 1000 MW, RP Global aims to develop an operating portfolio of approximately 300 - 400 MW by 2017, which represents an overall investment of € 500 - 700 million.
- RP Global strives for geographical diversification, concentrating on Western Europe and selected countries in the CEE region, as well as Latin America.
- RP Global's growth results primarily from its own greenfield development pipeline as well as from acquisitions of brownfield projects.
- RP Global develops top quality renewable energy projects (wind and small hydro) complying with the highest environmental standards and providing attractive long term returns.